Your kids and teens are always looking out for snacks, which are perfectly tasty and delighted to their needs. Giving them vegies and fruits plain and simple won’t work that great for you. They are always looking for those Choco puffs or the spicy chips to meet their hunger. It is not just killing their eating habits but also filling up their stomach too much so that they don’t get to eat any healthy dinner or lunch later. To avoid that, you can try switching those junk snacks with some healthy ones. Healthy does not necessarily mean tasteless and bland. You can further go for the other variations of healthy snacks too, which are always amazing for you to get. Learning the tricks and tips behind it will help you out a lot.
Nutritional delicious snacks at your service:
There are some delicious snacks, which are waiting for you to grab right now. You can always try to pair fruit and protein, for creating a combination they will absolutely love and adore. This form of snack is often stated to be filling and provides interest for some of the early bored out teens and kids in the market. Knowing some of the good options beforehand can work out amazingly for you.
- You can always get your kids to have apple and bananas without any fuss by mixing it with almond or peanut butter. It will help them to get the right dose of protein with vitamins in every bite they take.
- Furthermore, you can try mixing Greek yogurt with the nuts and berries. You can always purchase them with the mix ins or can just add some of your own for creating that amazing and delicious snacks.
- For a Variety Fun breakfast, you can always go for the oat meals, which come handy with peaches, strawberries, blueberries and some such similar fruits. It will add that extra crunch and taste to the otherwise bland and tasteless oat meal.
- Even though this seems to be a weird combination at first, but you can always match strong cheese with grapes for that outstanding result in the end. It is perfect for your use right now.
Adding some dips and even some spreads for enhancing flavors of good carbs and veggies:
Sometimes, just to get the kids or teenagers eat vegies or even whole wheat, you can spice up their taste buds a little bit by adding a delicious dip to the side of the dish. If you want, you can further hide some of the nutritional foods in dip ingredients. There are so many healthy options available for you in the market. You just have to open your eyes for the best results over here.
- You can always try out the famous black beans dip with the whole gain crackers and you teenagers will love it a lot.
- If you want them to have celery sticks, then provide a side dip of peanut butter.
- There are some ranch dressings available, which are low in fat, and can perfectly go well with the broccoli, carrots, celery and even peppers.
- For covering your whole wheat pita chips you can try out the hummus dip for a change.
- Spice up the basic whole wheat pretzels with the help of spicy mustard.
- You can even get hold of the rice cakes, which come handy with a smear of peanut butter on top.
These dips are no doubt amazing and will let your little kids fall for the food items, you want them to have. But be sure to not provide them with dips all the time. Try to limit the use of dips as you don’t want them to have those items only with dips on.
Serving some low fat cheese:
Kids and teenagers are cheese lovers. They want the heavy dosage of cheese on everything, from pizza to sandwiches. But, having so much of high end cheese is not good for their bodies and health. So, you can try out for the low fat cheese which comes handy with good carbs.
- You can try adding on some low fat cheese on the whole wheat toast. On the other hand, you can get hold of low fat cheese spread with some whole grain cheese as well.
- You can have melted cheese in whole wheat pita pocket or just have cheese pizza on whole wheat crust.
- If you want, you can have popcorn with some parmesan cheese without butter and even whole wheat based mini bagel with cream cheese on it.
Get hold of some varieties:
A proper portion of battle of getting teens to eat on some healthy snacks is just making them interesting in your own way. You can try for some of the new options, whenever you can. There are some things that you can try, just to give that restaurant quality touch to otherwise healthy fruits and veggies, just to make them eat without any complain.
- You can create a lovely mix of roasted almonds and dried cranberries, which will be perfect for your kid’s little snack times.
- Try to create some amazing smoothies, which are rich in protein, minerals and what not. Try to make these smoothies with fruits and soy milk.
- Trail mix is another one for you to try and those are toasted cereals, dried fruits and mix with nuts.
- Trying out vegetable omelets and even some tomato soup can help them to fill their snack stomach with something healthy and nutritious.
- You can even head for the whole grain cereal with some skim meal, both available in the market.
- Then you have ice pops, which are made in blender with frozen and fruits.
If you can follow these points and options, then in no time you might be able to get your kids and teens go for the delicious and nutritional snacks to munch right on. Things will start acting in your favor too as well.
Author Bio: Sujain Thomas is a leading blog writer and expert travel photographer. She has written numerous articles and blog posts on topics related to Travel, Food, Lifestyle, and Photography etc.